Institut de Recherches Économiques et Fiscales (IREF, English Institute of Economic and Financial Research) is an European think-tank that aims to influence the public discussion about economic policy, with the help of rigorous analysis and empirical evidence, in the direction of the free-market.
IREF proposals for regulated European Union include:
- Introduction of a flat tax at unique 15% rate
- Offer to the employees the possibility to see all the taxes and social contributions on their pay slip
- Individual accounts for the social security and pension funds
- Abolition of all the remaining impediments to free competition – duties, financial and trade regulation etc.
- Reduce public spending and the size of the state
- Abolition of “green” taxation