The Case for a 100 Percent Gold Dollar
|The Case for a 100 Percent Gold Dollar|
|Author(s)||Murray N. Rothbard|
|Publisher||Libertarian Review Press|
|Pages||v, 43 p.|
The Case for a 100 Percent Gold Dollar is the title of an essay by American economist Murray Rothbard. First published in 1962 in In Search of a Monetary Constitution the text makes the argument for the gold standard and shows how it can be restored in a practical, step-by-step plan.
Rothbard added a preface in 1991, in which he argues that the true gold standard is more viable than ever.
- Full reserve banking
- What Has Government Done to Our Money?
- The Case for a Genuine Gold Dollar
- The Case for Gold
- The Gold Standard: Perspectives in the Austrian School
- Gold and the Gold Standard
- The Gold Standard and Its Future
- Gold, Peace, and Prosperity
- The Mystery of Banking
- Resources page at Mises.org (including full text)
- Full text (PDF (essay format), PDF (book format))
- Articles, essays and reviews
- Libertarian Review: "The Case for a 100 Percent Gold Dollar" by Henry Hazlitt, January 1975
- "100 Percent Reserve Money: The Small Change Challenge" (PDF) by George Selgin, 2009
- "Fractional Reserve banking and boom-bust cycles" (PDF) by Frank Shostak
- "The Gold Standard in Contemporary Economic Principles Textbooks: A Survey" (PDF) by James Kimball, Fall 2005