From Mises Wiki, the global repository of classical-liberal thought
Consumerism can be:
- the promotion of the consumer's interests
- the theory that an increasing consumption of goods is economically desirable
- a preoccupation with and an inclination toward the buying of consumer goods
In this wiki the term usually refers to the theory that an increasing consumption of goods is economically desirable.
- ↑ Merriam-Webster Dictionary. "consumerism", referenced 2011-11-21.
- In Defense of Consumerism by Llewellyn H. Rockwell Jr., May 2006
- Consumerism: A Defense by Tibor R. Machan, October 2000
- Does Capitalism Make Us More Materialistic? by Ben O'Neill, September 2007
- Consumerism at Wikipedia
See also: Argumentation:Consumerism