Shedlock is an avid supporter of Ron Paul and other libertarian-leaning political candidates. He sides with Murray Rothbard and believes fractional reserve lending is inherently fraudulent, concluding that "[t]he case is irrefutable."
On July 10, 2007 Shedlock called the top of the stock market suggesting that "the current trend is exhausted," missing the actual top by 3%.
- About Mike "Mish" Shedlock, retrieved February 1, 2011
- Deflation In A Fiat Regime?, April 22, 2008, retrieved February 1, 2011
- Gold Market on U.S. Elections: So What?, October 14, 2010, retrieved February 1, 2011
- Fractional Reserve Lending Constitutes Fraud, October 5, 2009, retrieved February 1, 2011
- Quotes of the Day / Top Call, July 10, 2007, retrieved February 1, 2011
- Mike Shedlock's blog Global Economic Trend Analysis
- Mises Daily archive for Mike Shedlock
- Interview: Straight Talk With Outspoken Deflationist, Mike "Mish" Shedlock
- Marc Faber and Mish on Inflation, Deflation, Doom and the End of Civilization
- Mish Should Ditch His Deflation Fears
- Has Mish Deflated the "Inflationistas"?