MisesWiki:Call to Action/Intellectual Property
This Call to Action is closed now - but feel free to reopen it!
Please expand and improve the articles on Intellectual Property and related pages. There is a great discussion raging about this topic and there is much to learn. The Mises Wiki should document this debate.
The ultimate goal: Create a solid introduction for anyone who is interested in the topic. Both sides of the discussion should be covered in good detail.
Things to do:
- Detail the types of IP - main types done, some lesser types need pages
- Process this monster of a resource, and this and this!
- The without IP and costs pages have grown nicely and could use some polishing (and possible more content).
- There's still much to add.
- Analyze the arguments for and against IP - see if there's anything missing.
take apart Kinsella's Against Intellectual Property and use it for the wiki pages.
take apart the book Against Intellectual Monopoly to get more examples and arguments- done, but there's still a lot of valuable content
create a good page about the Costs of Intellectual Property (lawsuits, research, etc)
Without Intellectual Property (alternatives, success stories without IP, ideas)
- Intellectual Property
- Other important terms:
- Related topics to check/address:
- Property rights
- Subjective value -> section about interpersonal utility comparisons
- Arbitrariness, arbitrary
- Ethics, ethical
- Homesteading, first-occupier rule
- Startup company
- Conspiracy (legal)
- Product placement
- Free riding
- Law Merchant
- IFPI, MPA
- ThePirateBay, BitTorrent
- Xerox, IBM, Microsoft, Google, Facebook, Paypal, eBay, YouTube