MisesWiki:Call to Action/Voluntary Cooperation
Please create and expand articles about voluntary (free market) ways of human cooperation, especially in domains where such a cooperation is disputed.
The ultimate goal: Create a solid introduction for anyone who is interested in the topic. Both sides of the discussion should be covered in good detail. There is a portal of sorts here: Privately supplied public goods.
Things to do:
- How about creating pages for the public variations for each concept?
- How to differentiate between private law and 'purely' private, contractual law?
- Some pages seem to do better with a title in plural (Public goods), esp. groupings of examples, as compared to the classic definitorial pages which should be in singular. Will need some consideration.
- Possible expansion: include also the pages mentioned on the Talk page.
- Polish Private defense agency (was taken over from WP)
- Check out this series of Freeman articles about education.
- Anything else?
create Public Goods and Market Failures: A Critical Examination, Free rider problem, Market failure
- (Hopefully) exhausted resources:
Make at least stubs for all major topics
Check the Wikipedia pages for useful material- some have tons of useful content (although a lot is unreferenced, making it unusable); some have little material of use. Overall, too much to go through at the moment.
Check the sources on the Talk page!
Voluntary Cooperation? Alternatives to public goods? Privately supplied public goods?Private alternatives to public goods! What would be a suitable category to group the topics into?
- Private laws
- Private dispute resolution (aka Arbitration)
- Private defense, also Private defense agency
- Private police (aka Private law enforcement aka Private security)
- Private prison (aka Private punishment)
- Private prosecution (aka Prosecution association)
- Private emergency services / catastrophe aid (aka Private firefighting)
- Private healthcare (aka Private hospitals) / Healthcare
- Welfare & other:
- Friendly societies / Private insurance?
- Private unemployment programs
- Agriculture (esp. without subsidies)
- Private libraries
- Consumer protection? -> 
- Contractual communities (aka Voluntary society - which name is better?) / Zoning laws
- Private environmental protection? -> see  and especially ; 
- Private coinage? (way too many resources around; this one reminded me of it)
- Public goods -> Public Goods and Market Failures: A Critical Examination, Free rider problem, Market failure
- ...anything else?