If anyone knows of existing meetups, please add them to this page.
Another sort order
I was thinking these could be a tad more useful sorted geographically, by country, province/state, county, city, etc. All admittedly poilitical designations, but momentarily useful. Anyone care to try his/her hand? -- RayBirks 13:13, 25 November 2010 (CST)
- As a first step, they are sorted by continent - given the small number so far it should suffice (most are in the US, though). Let's see how this works if more are added! Pestergaines 17:55, 25 November 2010 (CST)
2nd most popular page
The Meetups page was only created on November 25, 2010 and at this writing, it is already the second most visited page on the entire Mises Wiki, even more than the third-place Austrian School page! You can see if this remains true by clicking here. -- RayBirks 18:27, 26 November 2010 (CST)
These United States
Peter, perhaps you are unaware, but it was common prior to the War Between the States for the country to be called "These United States", that being a more accurate reflection of a confederation of units, rather than a single overarching unit with ultimate power over the individual states. I was thinking "These United States" as a Meetups category would be a small recognition of a more glorious past. -- RayBirks 13:15, 27 November 2010 (CST)
- True enough but we have discussed this and we've decided to not use titles or subject entries to make ideological points; the form should be conventional while the content can be radical. --Jatucker 13:46, 27 November 2010 (CST)
- Sounds good enough to me. That's why I discussed it first rather than reverting. Cheers! --RayBirks 14:07, 27 November 2010 (CST)
Do Facebook pages count as meetups?
An anonymous user has added a Facebook page that is supposedly for the London Mises Circle. This link requires Facebook membership (which I personally dislike). Opinions? -- RayBirks 18:21, 27 November 2010 (CST)
- How about adding a 'Membership required' to those, that don't show any details to unregistered users? Pestergaines 09:14, 29 November 2010 (CST)
- Yes, will do so soon, or perhaps someone else can jump in. Thanks! -- RayBirks 11:47, 29 November 2010 (CST)
Hmm, a new thought. Facebook.com entries require membership while several of the existing Meetup.com groups seem not to require membership in Meetup.com to see upcoming meeting details. However, I believe some of these Meetup.com groups may require membership to see the meeting details. Further, at this writing, a few listings require no membership at all and control their own standalone websites that anyone can visit. I am thinking of adding a general introductory disclaimer indicating that membership in a particular group may first be required before accessing the group's details. Thoughts and corrections welcome. -- RayBirks 13:48, 30 November 2010 (CST)
- Good idea, added. Pestergaines 13:31, 24 February 2011 (CST)