Talk:World War I
This is what I'm looking to do here:
- First and foremost, the reason I was motivated to make this page (and come here in the first place), was to point out the importance of Blowback (I am motivated a bit by Ron Paul in this direction). Instead of Princip coming across as some random sociopath, instead understanding that he was reacting to decades of brutal occupation by the Austro-Hungarian Empire.
- Secondly, to emphasize the long-run time interests that the great monarchs of the time had as explained by Hoppe, and in particular emphasize the role of this in the Congressional System that was able to avoid a major war for nearly a century.
- Thirdly, to pull out the Ralph Raico/Gabriel Kolko/Rothbard links to how crony business arms dealers had in keeping this going.
- Fourth, the aftermath. The FED/Blowback to WWII/etc..
- Nice start, Smith! I've polished your edits a little and added the Wikipedia notice on the page since there is some quoting. Cheers, Pestergaines (talk) 20:29, 11 October 2014 (EDT)