Template:Citation Style documentation/author
From Mises Wiki, the global repository of classical-liberal thought
- last: Surname of author. Do not wikilink—use authorlink instead. Where the surname is usually written first—as in Chinese—or for corporate authors, simply use last to include the same format as the source. Aliases: last, author, authors, last1, author1
- first: Given or first names of author, including title(s); for example: Firstname Middlename or Firstname M. or Dr. Firstname M., Sr. Do not wikilink—use authorlink instead. Aliases: first, first1.
- OR: for multiple authors, use first1, last1 through first9, last9 for up to nine authors. By default, if nine authors are defined, then only eight will show and "et al." will show in place of the last author. Aliases: last1, author1 through last9, author9.
- authorlink: Title of existing Wikipedia article about the author—not the author's website; do not wikilink. Aliases: authorlink, authorlink1, author-link, author1-link.
- OR: for multiple authors, use authorlink1 through authorlink9. Aliases: authorlink1, author1-link through authorlink9, author9-link.
- When using Template:Sfnote or Template:Paren styles with templates, do not use multiple names in one field else the anchor will not match the inline link.