Africa is the second largest continent on Earth. It is bounded by the Mediterranean Sea, the Atlantic Ocean, the Red Sea, and the Indian Ocean and is divided almost equally by the Equator. Area: 11,717,370 sq mi (30,348,110 sq km). Population (2001 est.): 816,524,000.
- Encyclopædia Britannica. Africa, referenced 2011-07-06.
- The Dead Hand of Foreign Aid by Bill Walker, February 2010
- Chris Becker's Austrian Perspective on South Africa, Gold and the Ludwig von Mises Institute by Anthony Wile, June 2013
- "Africa: The Next Major Boom-Bust Cycle?" by Chris Becker, August 2013
- Disrupting Payments, Africa Style by Steven Sinofsky, July 2014
- Africa at Wikipedia