America's Great Depression
|America's Great Depression|
According to historian David Gordon, it is the "single most important book on the Great Depression". Rothbard applied Austrian business cycle theory to America, showing how Benjamin Strong at the New York Fed promoted expansionary monetary policy during the 1920s. When disaster struck, Hoover's interventionist measures made matters worse.
- The Great Depression (book)
- The Politically Incorrect Guide to the Great Depression and the New Deal
- David Gordon. What You Must Read About the Great Depression, Mises Daily, February 22, 2009. Referenced 2011-03-17.
- Resources page at Mises.org (including full text)
- Articles, essays, and reviews