- This article uses content from the Wikipedia article on Roderick Long under the terms of the CC-by-SA 3.0 license.
Roderick Tracy Long (born February 4, 1964) is a professor of philosophy at Auburn University and libertarian anarchist blogger. He also serves as a senior scholar for the Ludwig von Mises Institute, an editor of the Journal of Ayn Rand Studies, director and president of the Molinari Institute, and an advisory panel member for the Center for a Stateless Society. He received a B.A. in philosophy from Harvard University and his Ph.D. from Cornell University. He has edited the book Anarchism/Minarchism: Is a Government Part of a Free Country?. His work has been debated by Robert Bidinotto and cited by Gene Callahan. Long served as the editor of the Journal of Libertarian Studies and was a member of the Liberty and Power group blog.
According to Long, he specializes in "Greek philosophy; moral psychology; ethics; philosophy of social science; and political philosophy (with an emphasis on libertarian/anarchist theory)." Long supports what he calls "libertarian anarchy", but avoids describing this as "capitalism", a term he believes has inconsistent and confusing meanings.
- Wittgenstein, Austrian Economics, and the Logic of Action: Praxeological Investigations (ISBN 978-0415329484) Routledge, August 2008.
- Anarchism/Minarchism: Is a Government Part of a Free Country? (ISBN 978-0754660668) Ed., with Tibor Machan. Ashgate, February 2008.
- Reason and Value: Aristotle versus Rand (ISBN 978-1577240457) Objectivist Center, 2000.
- Long, Roderick. "Anarchism as Constitutionalism, Part 2." Strike-The-Root.com. January 6, 2004.
- Callahan, Gene. "Oakeshott and Mises on Understanding Human Action." Independent Review. Independent Institute. Fall 2005.
- Auburn University Department of Philosophy Faculty & Staff Listing 2006-2007 accessed at December 8, 2008
- Long, Roderick T. "Libertarian Anarchism: Responses to Ten Objections." LewRockwell.com. 2004 
- Long, Roderick T. "Rothbard's 'Left and Right': Forty Years Later." Ludwig von Mises Institute. April 8, 2006. [
- Austro-Athenian Empire - Long's blog
- Praxeology.net - Long's personal homepage
- Auburn University Philosophy Department homepage
- Molinari Institute
- Center for a Stateless Society
- Roderick Long media archive at Mises.org Audio/Video
- Infoshop News - Interview with Roderick Long - comprehensive interview with Long from Infoshop.org
- Are You an Anarchist?, a Roderick Long interview with Lew Rockwell, hosted on Lewrockwell.com
- "Equality:The Unknown Ideal" from Invisible Molotov