- This article uses content from the Wikipedia article on Irwin Schiff under the terms of the CC-by-SA 3.0 license.
Irwin A. Schiff (born in 1928) is a prominent figure in the United States tax protester movement. Schiff is known for writing and promoting literature that claims the United States income tax is applied incorrectly. He has lost several civil cases against the federal government and has a record of multiple convictions for various federal tax crimes. Schiff is serving a 13-plus year sentence for tax crimes (with his location listed as the Terre Haute Federal Correctional Institution). His projected release date is 7 October 2016. Schiff is the father of stockbroker and former United States Senate candidate Peter Schiff.
Books written by Schiff include the following:
- Federal Mafia: How It Illegally Imposes and Unlawfully Collects Income Taxes (1992) ISBN 0-930374-09-6
- The Great Income Tax Hoax: Why You Can Immediately Stop Paying This Illegally Enforced Tax (1985) ISBN 0-930374-05-3
- How an Economy Grows and Why It Doesn't (1985) ISBN 0-930374-06-1
- The Social Security Swindle: How Anyone Can Drop Out (1984) ISBN 0-930374-04-5
- How Anyone Can Stop Paying Income Taxes (1982) ISBN 0-930374-03-7
- The Kingdom of Moltz (1980) ISBN 0-930374-02-9
- The Biggest Con: How the Government Is Fleecing You (1977) ISBN 0-930374-01-0
- See prisoner number 08537-014, Bureau of Prisons, U.S. Dep't of Justice, at .