From Mises Wiki, the global repository of classical-liberal thought
February 22 ():
- 1819 – By the Adams–Onís Treaty, Spain sold Florida to the United States for five million US dollars.
- 1856 – The Republican Party opened its first national meeting in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- 1889 – President Grover Cleveland signed a bill admitting North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana and Washington as US states.
- 1924 – US President Calvin Coolidge became the first President to deliver a radio broadcast from the White House.
- 1948 – Communist revolution in Czechoslovakia.
- 1974 – Samuel Byck tried and failed to assassinate US President Richard Nixon.