|Basic Economics: A Common Sense Guide to the Economy|
1st edition cover
|Original title||Basic Economics: A Citizen's Guide to the Economy|
366 p. (1st ed.)|
786 p. (4th ed.)
Basic Economics: A Common Sense Guide to the Economy is a book by economist Thomas Sowell. The text covers a wide range of economic concepts and explains economic principles through real-world examples from history, in a language style that is geared toward the layman, lacking technical jargon, mathematical formulas and statistical charts and models.
The book has been revised and updated a number of tiems since its original publication and as of 2011 is in its 4th edition.
 See also
- Economics in One Lesson
- Lessons for the Young Economist
- Economics for Real People
- How an Economy Grows and Why it Crashes
- Basic Economics: A Common Sense Guide to the Economy 4th Edition (2011):
- Basic Economics: A Common Sense Guide to the Economy 3rd Edition (2007):
- Basic Economics: A Citizen's Guide to the Economy 2nd Edition (2004):
- Basic Economics: A Citizen's Guide to the Economy 1st Edition (2000):