Book talk:Practical Anarchy
From Mises Wiki, the global repository of classical-liberal thought
Size of the page
Just out of interest - will this page eventually house the whole book? I don't mind it (and the book seems to support that), but the page is already quite BIG. Pestergaines 11:05, 27 November 2010 (CST)
- If we're going to host html versions of books, we need to use subpages for chapters: Practical Anarchy/1, Practical Anarchy/2, etc. --Forgottenman (talk) 12:43, 27 November 2010 (CST)
Template:Header in place
I've made the necessary adjustments to Template:Header and MediaWiki:Common.css. The headers are now working on subpages; if you don't see them try refreshing the page a few times. Some notes:
- I removed the header from the article page. My rationale for this is that the main page (Practical Anarchy, in this case) should look like an encyclopedia article, because that's really what it is – it's the page to describe the book, talk about reaction, provide external links, etc. The subpages, however, are where navigation between chapters needs to be possible, so that's where the header makes sense.
- For a work like this, further division may be helpful: for example, use Practical Anarchy/1/1 for the first chapter of the first part. I'm not having success downloading the pdf so I can't make more specific recommendations or split the page further myself.
- The Wikisource implementation of the header is simpler because they have a few additional software features; the most important of them being subpages. I'll bring this up in the google group to see if we can get this turned on here as well.
- Long term, we may want to consider the functionality that wikisource uses related to proofreading pages. See a complete work, which is composed of many individual pages. This allows readers to compare the html version against the actual published text. --Forgottenman (talk) 10:14, 29 November 2010 (CST)
Would it be desirable to treat pages like Practical Anarchy/1 as subpages? See mw:Manual:$wgNamespacesWithSubpages. Right now, only the MisesWiki: and Template: namespaces are set up to have subpages. Nathan Larson (talk) 22:35, 7 October 2012 (MSD)