He is the founder and Editor of Libertarian Papers, Director of the Center for the Study of Innovative Freedom (C4SIF), and General Counsel for Applied Optoelectronics, Inc. He is a former partner with Duane Morris LLP and was adjunct law professor at South Texas College of Law, and is currently a senior fellow at the Ludwig von Mises Institute.
Kinsella has published numerous articles and books on IP law, international law, and the application of libertarian principles to legal topics. He received an LL.M. in international business law from King’s College London, a JD from the Paul M. Hebert Law Center at LSU, and B.S. and M.S. in electrical engineering degrees also from LSU.
Kinsella's libertarian articles have appeared in journals such as The Freeman, The Journal of Libertarian Studies, Reason Papers, the Quarterly Journal of Austrian Economics, LewRockwell.com, and Mises.org.
- Property, Freedom, and Society: Essays in Honor of Hans-Hermann Hoppe (co-editor, with Jörg Guido Hülsmann, Mises Institute, 2009)
- Against Intellectual Property. Ludwig von Mises Institute, 2008. ISBN 978-1933550329
- International Investment, Political Risk, and Dispute Resolution: A Practitioner's Guide (with Noah Rubins). Oxford University Press, 2005. ISBN 978-0379215229
- Online Contract Formation (with Andrew Simpson). Oxford University Press, 2004. ISBN 978-0379215199
- Protecting Foreign Investment Under International Law: Legal Aspects of Political Risk (with Paul E. Comeaux). Oceana Publications, 1997. ISBN 978-0379213713
- KinsellaLaw.com, Stephan Kinsella's legal website
- StephanKinsella.com, Stephan Kinsella's libertarian website
- C4SIF.org Center for the Study of Innovative Freedom, Stephan Kinsella - Director
- Stephan Kinsella at Mises.org
- List of publications
- Archive of Kinsella commentary from LewRockwell.com
- Archive of Kinsella commentary from C4SIF.org
- Archive of Kinsella commentary from The Libertarian Standard
- Kinsella on the Logic of Libertarianism and Why Intellectual Property Doesn't Exist interview with Daily Bell (republished at C4SIF.org here)
- Rethinking Intellectual Property by Jeffrey Tucker, October 2010
- Kinsella Intellectual Property discussion on Freedomain Radio Book Club with Stefan Molyneux, March 2010