Thomas DiLorenzo at CPAC in February 2010.
|Birth||August 8, 1954|
|Institution||Loyola University Maryland|
|Field||Economic history, American history|
Virginia Tech (PhD)|
Westminster College (B.A.)
|Opposed||Harry V. Jaffa|
|Influences||Henry Hazlitt, John T. Flynn|
Thomas James DiLorenzo is professor of economics at Loyola University Maryland and a senior fellow at the Ludwig von Mises Institute. He is the author or co-author of ten books, on subjects such as antitrust, group-interest politics, and interventionism generally. He is professor of economics in the Sellinger School of Business and Management at Loyola University Maryland and a member of the Senior Faculty of the Mises Institute. He holds a Ph.D. in economics from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and a B.A. in economics from Westminster College. His major research and publication interests are economic history, industrial organization, and political economy. He is the author or coauthor of 13 books, including The Real Lincoln, How Capitalism Saved America: The Untold History of Our Country, From the Pilgrims to the Present, Lincoln Unmasked, Hamilton’s Curse: How Jefferson’s Arch Enemy Betrayed the American Revolution and What it Means for Americans Today, and Organized Crime: The Unvarnished Truth About Government. He is widely published in the economics literature, and in popular publications and newspapers. He is a columnist for the website LewRockwell.com, has appeared on CNN, Fox News Channel, MSNBC, and has been a guest on the Rush Limbaugh Radio Show.
DiLorenzo has authored at least ten books, including:
- Hamilton's Curse: How Jefferson's Arch Enemy Betrayed the American Revolution – and What It Means for Americans Today (2008)
- How Capitalism Saved America: The Untold History of Our Country, from the Pilgrims to the Present (2004)
- From Pathology to Politics: Public Health in America (2000)
- The Food and Drink Police: America's Nannies, Busybodies, and Petty Tyrants (1998)
- CancerScam: The Diversion of Federal Cancer Funds for Politics (1997)
- Homepage on Mises.org
- Thomas DiLorenzo at The Independent Institute
- Thomas DiLorenzo at LewRockwell.com
- The Real Abraham Lincoln - a debate between Thomas DiLorenzo and Harry V. Jaffa
- Critical review of The Real Lincoln by Thomas Krannawitter of the Claremont Institute
- DiLorenzo and his Critics by Clyde N. Wilson
- Interview with Thomas DiLorenzo in the " Southern Partisan".
- Other media
- Q & A with Thomas DiLorenzo (video) on C-SPAN discussing his two books about Abraham Lincoln.
- The 2006 Steven Berger Seminar: Thomas DiLorenzo (10 videos)
- DiLorenzo on Morning Joe speaking on Hamilton's Curse
- DiLorenzo on "Wake up Monterrey, with Mark Carbonaro" October 2008